Tuesday, November 22, 2011

November 21 - November 23

Grandparents' and Special Friends' Day

Welcome Mural created collaboratively by all sixth grade students.
A warm thank you to all grandparents and special friends who joined us on Wednesday.  It was a privilege to meet so many new people and share the morning.  We learned a little about each other as we created Random Autobiography poems together.  The poems explored deeper understandings of ourselves and provided an opportunity to draft, revise, edit, and publish a piece of writing in only twenty minutes!  Here is the template of the Random Autobiography:


Random Autobiography

Name
Favorite number, color, astrological sign
I am told (memory)…
I love…
I held…
I have seen…
I lost…
I hear…
I used to…
I’ve learned …
Personal symbol


Looks like…

Brad
Seven, green, Cancer
I am told I crawled backwards.
I love Coca-Cola and Candy Raisins
I held my father’s hand.
I have seen childbirth.
I lost my grandparents.
I hear what I want to.
I used to have time.
I’ve learned to follow my heart.
Bass clef on a musical staff.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment